Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Roundup - Jun 13 n 14

This was one of the greatest weekends I ve had in a long time. It had just about everything.
Saturday didn't start all that great. The cook didn't turn up and we waited for her till 1 pm. Then, my roomie and I decided to cook something up. The easiest thing to do was make egg curry and rice because the chopping would me minimal. So, the egg was put to boil and I chopped some onions and tomatoes. To my frustration, another of my flatmate who was not till then involved in the kitchen activities turned up and put off the stove when the eggs had hardly cooked for 5 minutes. This meant that the eggs were half cooked and soft and taking off the shell was a tough job. Then, the amount of water I added for the gravy was a little too much and so, we decided to simmer it for some time. Finally, when it was done, the Egg CURRY became Egg MASALA! It was tasty though (Obviously it had to be. I cooked it :P).
Then, I decided to go to my friends' place in Gurgaon. 3 of my coll pals live together. It was a 2.5 hour bus journey. At the bus stop, there was a decent looking female. She was well dressed too and was talking on the phone. All of a sudden, I saw her shouting on the phone and wandering hopelessly around the place. Poor girl must be mentally disturbed I guess. Boarded the bus and went to Gurgaon. The ride was quite uneventful except for the slight drizzle all through the journey.
Once at their place, we decided to get drunk. It was Vodka time. And with some pretty nice Chicken Tikka and Kababs, it was just awesome. I was pretty sloshed and did blabber a lot. I do remember most of it though.
Came Sunday and I started the morning by watching some stuff on TV. Then, we decided to go to a Mall and then to Connaught Place in New Delhi.
Grabbed a quick bite at McD and then, headed for CP. These guys wanted to eat at Saravana Bhavan, a pretty popular South Indian (Vegetarian :-\) restaurant chain, which had its branch in CP.
Saravana Bhavan is Over Hyped and Over Priced. I've almost forgotten the taste of Masala Dosa after eating there.
Kevenders lived up to its popularity though. Amazing milk shakes they make and the crowd there is proof to how good they are.
Oh forgot to mention the most important part of the CP visit. GALS!!! CP is the place to be if you want to bird watch :P Well, shy guys like me can only ogle at them and this is THE place. Felt good though :P especially, when your workplace doesnt have a single girl.(Hope my colleagues don't read this, else they ll think that I am a despo. :P)
Thats about it. A great week. Hoping that similar weekends happen more often.

And a very important lesson I learnt during the week. I hadn't had the time to call up my friends in a long time. When they did call, I was busy at work and when I called back, he told something rude and I disconnected the call. If I showed a lot more ego than I did at that time, this weekend of fun wouldn't have happened. So, from now on, no EGO.

1 comment:

shrecks said...

fk dude..tough resolution... :)