Saturday, June 6, 2009

100% Made Up

I m sick of seeing those stupid statistics in the newspapers. The character "%" freaks me out. Why in the holy hell do they come up with such stuff? "Researchers say xy% of people who do 'ABC' will live longer and those who don't will die a little earlier." What the hell is that supposed to mean? Does that mean the people who don't do 'ABC' are doomed to hell? What happens if 'ABC' is an unknown thing in that part of the world?

For all I know, these are all marketing gimmicks. Researchers are paid insane amounts of money to come up with credible statistics. At one point of time, there were reports that Carrots, Cabbage, Tomato, Onion, Coconut Oil, Red Chilli etc etc all increase the risk of Cancer. So, that indeed means that all the vegetarians are goners! This I believe was at a time when supermarkets were growing in numbers across the country. At a time when they needed to publicise western eating culture in India.

For all I know, I ll do whatever I want to, whenever I want to and how much ever I want to. If these FACTS are indeed correct, they need an exception and I ll be the exception.

To sign off, here's an interesting statistic which I ve seen a lot of times. 100% statistics are made up!"