Friday, May 22, 2009

A Random Check

I was walking back to the apartment after work the other day. At the junction near my apartment, a few policemen were present. It seemed like they were there to stop the vehicles and then demand money from motorists for some reason or the other. How was I wrong!! One guy held me by my hand and dragged me towards them

Police : Where are you going??
Me : Back to my flat Sir
P : What do you do?
Me : I am an IT professional
P : Open your bag and show whats inside
Me : (Opened my bag and showed them)
P : Show your ID Card
Me : Sir, our company doesnt give ID cards. I can show you my Voter's ID Card.
P : Ok, show
(I take out the card and show him.)
P : This looks like a Xerox xopy
Me : No Sir, this is the original. I was given this
P : What is the other language besides English on the card?
Me : Thats Malayalam Sir, I belong to Kerala
P : Why isn't it printed in Hindi? Is Kerala outside India??
Me : **WTF look**
P : Ok, I m leaving you this time.
Me : **WTF look again and walked away**......

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandhiya said...

omy goosh...poor u!!!

neskay said...

eh..true story?
tht xerox reminded me of some other id card we had... :)

Milcom said...

@neskay : Yeah. True story. Happened with me. Lol..Xerox!! These days, the id card looks much better with color n all. :D

Y.S.I said...

he thought kerela was outside india is it??? ask him in heaven;s name why does he live in india!:P